December 2nd, 2008 by Yano
- Unplug your cell phone charger when you’re not using it - it still uses power even though the phone isn’t collected
- Don’t leave the faucet on when you’re brushing your teeth
- Start braking for lights early and don’t press on your gas pedal too hard
- Instead of buying bottled water all the time, get a reusable water bottle and get a water filter for your tap
- Get a library card instead of purchasing books…many of them also have DVDs to borrow, as well as current magazines
- Use energy efficient light bulbs - they may not look nice in all your light fixtures, but use them where you can
- Take part in your company’s 401K. It sounds scary now, but it will work out in the long run.
- Shop online - many stores offer free shipping, sometimes you don’t have to pay sales tax, and you don’t have to waste gas driving around. Also, you can comparison shop online to see which site has the best deal.
- Go to the grocery store right after eating. You’ll spend less on food AND you’ll lose weight
Next week: 10 Favorite Holiday Songs
Please subscribe if you want to receive weekly reminders: