I like doing this one every now and then…this time around, try to think of unusual places - for example, I live in Chicago, so everyone’s going to want to go to the Sears Tower, but what are the places people might not know about?
- Whirlyball - a combination of bumper cars, lacrosse and basketball WITH BEER!
- Late night gyros in Greektown
- Bowling at Southport Lanes (they have pinboys that reset the pins, and if you roll a dollar in your ball, they knock over the pins for you)
- The Harold Washington Library - 10 floors of book nerd awesomeness
- Movies in the Park - They play movies at Grant Park during the summertime - pack a picnic basket, blanket and pillows and it’s a perfect night
- Go on a Ghost Tour- visit a bunch of haunted spots sin the Chicago area - it’s not a coincidence that half of them are at bars!
- Rather than go to the Hancock Observatory for $12, the Signature Lounge and Bar is one floor down and a drink is $9
- The Baton Show Lounge - Men dressed as women making me feel manly with their womanliness. Good times!
- CafeIberico - My favorite restaurant to bring out of towners, not because it has typical Chicago food, but because it’s tasty Spanish food, good drinks, and a pretty good deal
- On the rocks by Loyola University - a great place to hang out and listen to the lake
Next week: 10 Things to Do Before You Get Married
Take some time out today to visit some of the Ten on Tuesday users!
Please subscribe if you want to receive weekly reminders: