I am a master at procrastinating, and I’m easily distracted from doing “real” work. What things do you find yourself immersed in, only to find that time has passed without knowing it? What things to do you as a way to put off other things?
- The internet. I would get TONS of work done if things like Facebook, youtube, twitter, flicker and messageboards didn’t exist. When I’m really trying to put off work, I google people. Sounds so dirty!
- Watch movies OnDemand on cable
- Scan old pictures
- “How It’s Made” on the Discovery/Science Channel. I totally get sucked into that show!
- Online poker. The great thing about it is that it’s free. If not, man, my son wouldn’t be able to go to college!
- Video games. Luckily, I gave my gaming system to my youngest sister, but my other sister brings her Wii over and we could spend the day (and night) playing Rock Band.
- “America’s Next Top Model” marathons on MTV. For some reason, whenever there’s a marathon on TV, I watch it, even though I’ve seen them before.
- Flickr. I know I mentioned it in #1, but I think of any app on the internet that I waste time on (and there are MANY), flickr gets most of my procrastination time. I organize my pictures, put map data on them, look at the photos on Explore, check out group discussions, etc. There’s a lot that you can do on flickr!
- The Zoo. We have a membership to the zoo, which is about 20 minutes away. When I have free time (and sometimes when I don’t) I like heading out there with my son and taking pictures.
- Sleeping. I love to sleep!
Next week: 10 Ways the World Has Changed Since You’ve Been in School
Please subscribe if you want to receive weekly reminders: