Every once in a while, there comes a moment in your life when you think to yourself, ‘Man, if only I knew that when I was younger, I’d be so much better off!’ I’m in the process of getting a loan to buy a house, and I’m all worried about the bad money habits of my youth…which brings us to this week’s topic:
Ten Things You Wish You Knew When You Were Younger
1) That not paying your credit card bills on time catches up with you eventually
2) To follow my first instincts about people when I first meet them - often when I’ve gotten a bad first vibe from people I’ve given them the benefit of the doubt, only later to discover that I was right in the first place
3) That vegetables are good for your health
4) GET REGULAR EYE EXAMS!
5) “We’ve been through so much together” is not a good reason to stay in a relationship that isn’t working
6) To think before I speak. I’ve said a lot of stupid things.
7) That there’s nothing wrong with smiling with my teeth
8) The Betamax is going NOWHERE
9) Having a credit card to every store on earth really doesn’t help you
10) Getting the coolest toy or wearing the latest fashion trend really doesn’t matter in the long run…
Next week: Ten Underappreciated Actors/Actresses