Ever watched a movie that got bad reviews, or didn’t do well at the box office and think to yourself, “Man, this should have been a HIT!!!”?
- Unbreakable - it’s a shame that it came after “The 6th Sense” I was disappointed when I first saw it because I was expecting a big reveal at the end. The second time I watched it I had a much better appreciation for how good it was.
- Stardust -Even though I loved the book, I wasn’t going to give the movie a chance til my sister made me go, and I LOVED IT. Best fantasy adventure since The Princess Bride
- Go - Kind of like Pulp Fiction for a younger generation, this movie had a bunch of characters and a big web of a plot, but it was a fun ride the whole time
- Spice World - I admit. I really enjoyed watching this…
- Running Scared - Never heard of it? Neither did I until I caught this Paul Walker gem on cable, where he plays a low level mob guy who’s supposed to get rid of a gun from a killing and has his son’s best friend steal it.
- Gattaca - I don’t remember hearing too much about it when it came out, but this is an excellent sci-fi movie about a genetically inferior man who assumes the identity of another so he can become an astronaut
- Contact - One of my favorite movies ever, based on the book by Carl Sagan. Jodie Foster plays an astronomer who gets a message from outer space, and how that message changes her and the world she lives in.
- Office Space - This should be required viewing for anyone who works in an office.
- Be Kind Rewind - At first you may think this to be a typical slapstick Jack Black movie, but I feel it was marketed wrong…it’s more of a story of how a inner city community comes together, with some Jack Black slapstick thrown in…
- Big Fish - A wonderful, whimsical feast for your eyes and your heart. It made me cry.
Next week: 10 Words People Would Use to Describe You
Please subscribe if you want to receive weekly reminders: