Settling In, Going on With Life

So it’s been about two or three weeks since we made the not-so-big move. We’re mostly unpacked, though my office is still in shambles because that’s the room with the most ’stuff’. Our place is pretty nice, though there’s a LOT of stairs. I’ve finally gotten that exercise that I’ve been putting off for the last 5 years. Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon, there’s a great view from our balcony window, maybe if there’s fresh snow tomorrow morning I’ll take a pic. Or maybe during sunrise, which is really pretty through the trees.

Initially when I started this blog I wanted to keep track of what was going on in my life, and lately I’ve only been putting in the major things, so I just want to list a couple of the little things, especially having to do with Ben since the guy is growing up way too fast!

• I still have a job, and I am thankful for that. There’s been a lot of reorganization at X-Inc, and there were some tough decisions made. I’m glad I made the cut (or stayed under the radar) but I will honestly miss those that didn’t.
  • I love twitter. I’m the person who finds it interesting when other people post the most inane details about their lives. And although I might not tweet about every time I’m going to the bathroom, I will tell you when I’m having a delicious cup of pumpkin spice soy milk. Because I know you care.
  • Ben lives on a diet of Papa John’s cheese pizza, White Castle chicken rings, Edy’s chocolate ice cream and bacon. Once in a while we get some apples or a banana in there. Hey, just as long as he eats, I’m happy.
  • Ben is still not a fan of school. When I drop him off it’s like a man walking off to his execution. He’s walking, but he’s definitely in no hurry to get there.
  • Once I get this place unpacked, I swear I’m going to do some crafts. Seriously. My crafty finger has been itching for a while.
  • For a while there, Ben had a 180 average at Wii bowling. My dad had given him some coaching and the kid was awesome. But then my dad went to California for a month and the kid forgot everything. He’s really becoming a Wii addict. Currently he’s really into MarioKart, except for the courses in the castle because it’s scary.
  • Ben is starting to get really interested in reading. He can read simple words right now, but he’s still learning the rules. I don’t remember reading being so hard, but the English language is pretty tough. There’s so many exceptions! Like how the -gh in “light” is silent, but makes the i sound into the long i sound. Or the when you read the word “black” you don’t have to sound out the c AND the k.
  • I spend way too much time on Facebook playing games like farmville, cafe world and that zoo game.
  • “Glee” is awesome. Next year’s season seems so far away. At least “Lost” is coming back in January! Crossing my fingers that I’ll get Season 5 for xmas so I can have a marathon before the start of next season.

Hmm…I think that’s all for now. Hope you all have a good holiday, and I hope to post again before the end of the year!

2009-12-18 13:34:03

Nino says

I’m always shocked to find out who plays Farmville… :) Know anyone with a Pagoda or Tea House?

2009-12-23 07:50:11

Redpac says

Netflix is streaming Lost season 5 if you want to re watch it.

2009-12-29 15:07:26

Laptop Briefcases says

Thanks for all these updates. That’s great that Ben is getting into reading. That should help him start to enjoy school a lot more. I’m really looking forward to the new season of Lost coming up too. I just hate waiting every week for a new episode.

2010-01-02 16:25:42

used tires says

Im glad the move went ok for you guys, one of these Days Ben will like School :D

Till then,

Jean

2010-01-02 16:27:20

used tires says

Oh By the way Happy New Year Yano! Lets hope 2010 will be our best year yet! :D

Till then,

Jean

2010-01-05 17:29:20

Laptop Briefcases says

It sounds like Ben is a little too spoiled. A kid that age needs more nutrients than what junk food provides. By letting him only eat what he wants, it sets up a situation where he feels he always deserves to get what he wants. Sometimes you have to show your authority to make him do what’s right.

2010-01-09 03:28:20

used tires says

@Laptop Briefcases, Its hard to deal with kids and their eating habits, but I do agree that he does need to eat less junk food. It will be hard though to train him off that food, but it is doable! Best of luck :D

Till then,

Jean

2010-01-12 14:57:21

Laptop Briefcases says

Yes I agree that it is probably quite difficult to control what a kid eats. Ultimately the parent should have control though. I know I ate very little junk food as a kid because my parents made a point of giving me mostly only healthy food.

(Comments wont nest below this level)

2010-01-07 17:39:17

Laptop Briefcases says

I think you need to do a better job of blocking all these spam comments. For example, ‘turkish food’, is it really necessary to say thanks for the article twice in a row? Why are you even thanking her for it?

2010-01-29 15:24:53

Laptop Briefcases says

If these comments are a sign of the future of this blog, I’m afraid I won’t be coming back much longer. These spammers leaving their pointless comments are killing this blog.

2010-02-03 00:30:54